Yeah so Scott told me a way I can view ANYTHING on the WHOLE INTERNET in China - there are a lot, a lot of ways around their firewall, you can use a proxy server or a VPN or these websites that just funnel you through somehow like pimpmyip.org which is where I am now - the idea with the firewall, I have read, is not to make it impossible to see censored pages, but rather to make it so inconvenient the majority of people won't bother. Because it really is impossible to truly censor the internet. And no, guys, don't worry, it's perfectly fine, SOP, not going to be arrested.
So now I saw my own blog for the first time and realized I sent some pictures from Beijing to Rafa in the wrong order so they were captioned confusingly. If you go back to the "Hic Sun Pix" post (Rafa came up with that title, not surprisingly) it's now much clearer!
Back to tourism, guys! Today we're going to see West Lake & associated historical sites in more depth, check out erhus (those two-string instruments you occasionally see old Chinese guys playing in New York subway stations) for my brothers, maybe get cheap massages again. Tomorrow, we're climbing Huangshan!
Rafa is currently putting some more photos I sent him yesterday.
Love,
Beker
No comments:
Post a Comment